Fitzsimons: Eels can save the NRL 2014 season

Peter Fitzsimons writes a column today in the Herald complaining that sport right now is pretty dull, including the NRL where he comments that there is "something lacking".

"What could save the season? The Parramatta Eels. Last year’s wooden spooners have won four of their first five matches and look terrific under new coach Brad Arthur. If they could go on with it – and they somehow suddenly have a team that is performing – the crowds and the buzz would return."

From code laughing stocks to the fairytale that the NRL needs to bank on to give the sport some razzle dazzle.

It will be interesting to see how we fare in the penalty counts, going forward, hey?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have to agree, eels are the talk of the town
  • We're gonna need a new, reinforced bandwagon.The 2009 one is a little rusty.

• Parra have such a big following when they're doing well, the NRL are doing well. What's he talking about? What he is saying applies anytime the Eels go well.

• Bert - aren't we always
    Love us or hate us ...... We do cane the forest
  • Well, Hayne single-handedly saved the 2009 NRL season so I'm pretty sure the 2014 Parra Eels can oblige.

• Damn I love the Parramatta Eels.

• Well said! I'm just as hopelessly in love with them as you are!

• The same thing was being written in the tele today, saying we are the most entertaining team etc etc.

Whilst we play some good attacking footy I peronally don't think that we are necessarily more entertaining some other teams, its just that more people give a shit when we are going ok.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

HKF replied to Blue Eel's discussion The Truth Hurts: Article
"The problem with these type of statements and supposed commitments from the players is we have heard them many, many times before and yet every time we hear it the resurgence is fleeting.  When a team over an 11 year period has only won 6 games in a…"
3 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"If Manly flog us and they run a train through Sanders I suspect he should be as you say aswell lol.
Olakawatu incoming.
 "
4 minutes ago
EA replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"He is a week behind. Resting Carty this week after he wad clearly not ready last week."
6 minutes ago
EA replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 8 Team List v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (ANZAC Round)
"They are just named like that because 6 normally plays on the left of the field which suit left footed kickers. Do not read too much into it I recon."
7 minutes ago
More…