Eels welcome 4 new recruits for 2018

The Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club Pty Limited would today like to announce the signing of five-eighth Jaeman Salmon, on a 3 year contract until the end of the 2020 season.Salmon, who was part of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks NYC side in 2017 was also an U16s & U18s NSW Origin representative.Eels NYC players Greg Leleisiuao, Dane Aukafolau and Ray Stone have also been elevated into the Eels squad in 2018.Head of Recruitment & Retention Peter Sharp said, “Jaeman is a very exciting youngster who will enhance our already elite program and flourish under Brad Arthur.”“Greg, Dane and Ray all graduated from our U20’s Grand Final NYC Squad and will all be great additions to an already strong Eels side."

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No mention of Mahoney, Faingaa or Dylan Brown is interesting. Yet to be added or too young?
    • Brett his definitely shown what his got in the WC
    • Mahoney and co are still eligible for under 20s. Salmon turns 19 next year but would’ve been in high demand, so is probably in the full time squad on a decent contract.
  • I would of thought Faingaa would of been there for sure!
    • Really hoping we can keep Faingaa, he has been super impressive in the World Cup. Sign him up.

Very happy with these young blokes signing, I thought Aukafolau was very good in the final, must admit it was the first time that I watched him, Salmon has some big wraps on him and could be a handy buy.
  • I hope we sign faingaa he look good in the world cup

And i hope we get more players then these young players we need players with experience big forwards
    • Heard during World Cup he signed with the tigers
  • Salmon is a very good player
    He carved up for the sharks this year
    Very good signing
    He will definitely play 1st grade in the future
  • The younger players are generally under contract until they turn 20, so the majority of NYC players are still 18 and from memory are signed for at least next yar, and most until 2019
  • Don’t shoot the messenger but I may have heard he signed with the Tigers. Anyway it was from a forum on Facebook so I wouldn’t say there is much credit to it.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
5 hours ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
6 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
6 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
6 hours ago
More…