July 17, 2017 6:18pm

PARRAMATTA’S Mitchell Moses is ready to play his best game yet for the Eels when he faces the Wests Tigers for the first time since his controversial exit from the club.

Sunday’s grudge match at ANZ Stadium will feature Moses going head to head with several of his closest friends, including housemates Luke Brooks and James Tedesco.

The reception from Tigers fans is expected to be nothing short of brutal as Moses tries to help the Eels move a step closer to locking down an early NRL finals berth.

Moses had hoped to remain at the Tigers, but demanded a release when officials made it clear they wanted to focus on retaining Tedesco and skipper Aaron Woods, who eventually signed with the Sydney Roosters and Canterbury respectively for next season.

Moses’s Parramatta teammates are backing him to deliver against his old club. Photo: Mark Evans

Tigers No. 7 Brooks told The Daily Telegraph it would be the first time he had played against his good mate since Balmain and Parramatta met in a Harold Matthews game in 2010.

“He was playing with Parra that day, they won, but hopefully we get the win this time. It will be good to get some bragging rights over him,’’ Brooks said.

Moses looked relaxed on Monday but was gagged by Parramatta officials, who preferred his new teammates talk about their halfback having the last laugh.

“I think it will probably be his best game so far,’’ halves partner Corey Norman said.

“He’s looking forward to it, and there’s no doubt he’ll step up. He doesn’t need to change too much it’s just another game, and he’ll get out there and play well.

“The kicking game from him has been good, he’s taken a bit of heat off me calling plays, and I think he’s been really stepping it up down the short sides and creating numbers.

‘’We’re still figuring out where we sit in our structures, but Brad (Arthur) has given us a licence to play footy, we just need to know the game plan inside out, we’ll both call what we see, and we’ll play off the back of that.’’

Moses has a laugh during an Eels session. Photo: Phil Hillyard

Eels skipper Tim Mannah said of Moses: “Obviously there’s a bit more in it for him, and he has a point to prove.

“He’s been great for us, and he’s growing and getting better every week.

“He likes a bit of pressure and a bit of an occasion, and he’s one of those guys who will keep lifting for that.’’

There is a sense seventh-placed Parramatta can do something special this season, and Norman declared they could end more than three decades of misery and go all the way.

Moses playing for Parra juniors back in 2010.

“Absolutely, especially where we’re sitting (on the ladder), it would be crazy if you’re not thinking about that,’’ Norman said.

“There’s a long way to go, but you definitely need that confidence in the team leading into the finals, and you need to put good performances together as well.’’

One of the last games Moses played in Tigers colours, disgruntled fans booed him and foolishly pegged a full can of beer after the match.

Moses and Brooks, who share a house with Tedesco in the inner-west, will line up on the same side of the field.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• well don't read it Poppa

• LOLLLL Have a look at moses in the pic in the article lining up the kick, he looks like a Ethiopian with a bad case of bulimia FFS, Kid needs to start eating, maybe he has bulimia but nobody knows.

• He's had bulimia that long? Can't we organise an all you can eat buffet intervention?
    • LOL
  • Just a paper story poppa, and no quotes from Moses....pressure on us though to win; and we will
  • that pic is from 2010

• It says 2010.
  • That big fella Willis Meehan? Who did he eat?
  • 2 Gorrillas, 

Poppa, you shouldn't reading this

• Know what you mean mate; think I recall Pricey making comments in about 86...against C'bury and hence we got beaten...sure it was 86, at the new stadium
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

MeelK replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I'd sign for that."
1 hour ago
LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Look i think it is more than just being put on the Wing. I think Flanno is a reason. Wanting to play semi's is another.
I think a move away will be an awakening for Lomax. He was on with Fltech and Hindy with Lawrie in 2022 and he mimicked Griffin.…"
2 hours ago
AlShaw replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"600k is OK for the right winger. The Panthers sets are built on what their back 3 do on tackle one. The more momentum at the start of a set the more expansive a team can play but if our back three are getting smashed on tackle one and two it puts…"
2 hours ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Agree , need to keep him. "
2 hours ago
More…