Eels goal kicker 2017

Who do u think it might be or who would you like to be our goal kicker.I would say gutherson will kick but I would have semi kicking until we know what's happening with his court case .

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's hard to know as a fan... haven't we seen Semi kick only one goal for Parra?

• Semi is kicking at 100%. Best average for any kicker ever apparently!

• It will be Gutherson.
    He'll do the job as well.
  • This is still, to my mind, the biggest question mark hanging over the side.

You may look back at a season and say well how many games are actually won off the boot, and it would still be three or four I'd say, but when you turn four into six regularly I think it makes a big, big difference psychologically. How many times during a game does making a conversion change the situation from you being behind to drawing level, or going ahead. Those moments can have a big shift in the game from a momentum point of view that is not necessarily reflected on the scoreboard.

I'm increasingly coming round to the school of thought that Jamal Fogarty switching to nine is potentially the short and long-term solution. I think he'd be a quick study on the attacking aspects, and we're not a team that has ever had a lot creativity out of dummy half anyway. Is he up to it defensively. TBH, I doubt he would at this stage, but I do think we have another option. We're blessed to have two big halves and I don't see why you couldn't move everyone in one, and have Fogarty defend in the normal half back position.

• When Semi and French are scoring most of our tries on the wing its always harder to have a high kicking %.

If your forwards are scoring under the posts its easy.

You dont bring someone into a position theyre not used to playing just because they can kick goals, esp not dummy half. He'll probably be off having a rest when we need him to kick.

It needs to be someone in the backline who plays 80mins.

• It's one of biggest concerns for this season, but I think Guthrie will be our kicker too start the season
    • We do have both Burtie and Noddy there? Not bad kickers if I must say so to help gutho

• Tim mannah can kick goals all day
  • Sterlo believes its a real area of concern

• Gonna cost us few close games without having a kicker
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Graham polkinghorne replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Not really, as proven on our day we are a good team, but I think that team is quickly sliding backwards."
3 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Whatever happens BA will finish the season, unless he decides enough is enough and he has answers."
8 minutes ago
Michael W. replied to Electric Eel 2's discussion Lomax is a freak
"Seek help."
39 minutes ago
LB replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"More so a great performance could come from the motivation and not from skill. If they try to win with talent and skill ain't going far as there is not much without Moses. With heart and effort they could do ok, maybe not win but get close.
If they…"
46 minutes ago
More…