Eels 2017 preview.

Burning Questions?1. Can Corey Norman stay out of strife off the field?2. Can Nathan Brown stay out of strife on the field?3. Is Bevan French a one-season wonder?4. Will the fans embrace ANZ stadium or will it feel like a morgue at most home games?New Eel goes old school!!!At times during 2016, The Nathan Brown Fan Club could have held a meeting in a phone box, such was the disdain for the fiery Rabbitoh and the havoc he was wreaking.Branded a lunatic by some commentators after a groun stomp on Gold Coast's Agnatius Paasi in round 13 and a late tackle on Tigers playmaker Mitchell Moses only a week later, Brown found himself Public Enemy No. 1.Whatever you make of Brown's methods, they were good enough to win him a City Origin jersey for the annual showdown with Country origin in Tamworth.Peter Wynn says.. "He's only young, so it's a good time to get a good prop. He was one of Souths' top-liners in 2016 and the Eels a very lucky to get him. He looks a pretty big unit and when he is fit and at his best he's going to be a force."The fact he has a bit of heritage as a local junior [Fairfield] and has a bit of Blue and Gold in his veins will make him even more popular with fans."Bernie Gurr is delighted with Parra's recruits and says the vibe at the club is extremely positive.It was a tough season for the club in 2016 but this is a new Parramatta and we want to repay the fans for their loyalty," Gurr says.Read more in Rugby League Week magazine Season Preview!!

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Too scared to comment.  Don't want to contribute to any curse!

• I think it a very positive vibe at the club at the moment. Bernie Gurr has removed a lot of rubbish from the club & it's like a new beginning. Knowing Brad Arthur is only concentrating on the footy team is extremely refreshing for all involved.
  • It took us 3 years to get rid of all the rubbish at the club, both on field and off.

The good times are ahead as we enter the age of the Eel.

• Lots of depth equals lots of competition for first grade . Wenty will be really strong
  • 1 yes
    2 no
    3 no
    4 embrace
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"I wonder if the have Lomax on Right and move Penisini to left. Penisini is a Centre that can adapt, where Lomax has the pass that has him needed on the right.
But I think Lomax would be happy as long as it is Centre in a good team."
13 minutes ago
Slugg replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I think the club  is doing the right thing not paying 600 k to  800k for a good first grade player that can boost our chances of winning comp when they can sign 3 or 4 players for the same money that may boost our chances of winning a reserve grade…"
20 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Parra just need to stick to there process and add when we need to.
Lomax has all the potential which to this time is unrealised and that's before talking about money.
Blaize Sanders Penisini AMS you really want to see if these guys are something and…"
26 minutes ago
Graham polkinghorne replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
" We needed lomax before Talagi came on the scene. If a crystal ball would show us Blaize turns out to be an excellent centre, we would not be chasing Lomax.
Would Blaize hang around for 2 seasons to cement a FG spot?
Lomax would be worth every penny…"
36 minutes ago
More…