CHALLENGING SEGMENT OF THE 2016 DRAW

Putting aside the Salary Cap issue I was just contemplating the next series of games & it looks like we r in for a very challenging & interesting few weeks.

After the Raiders, we play Manly at Brookvale, the Cowboys at Townsville, The Dogs at ANZ, the Bunnies then the Storm at Pirtek. We will soon know just how good we r. As the old saying goes, when the going gets tough then the tough get going. 

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think we'll beat the Raiders while Manly and Dogs form has been scratchy at best. Storm will be tough.
  • Saturday's game against the Raiders is extremely important in my view, we can't afford to lose 2 games in a row at home with certain scenarios hanging over our heads & also the need to win these games at home in general. If we can continue to win this will also lessen the impact to a certain degree of what lies ahead ( Nrl rulings). Would hate the media to have the ammunition that were also getting beaten on the paddock.
  • Why couldn't we get the dragons now, at least that game be good for our for/against..

But yes, that's a really tough stretch, alot of these grounds we go to have been bad for us.

• Yes Mick spot on, don't think it will make or break our season but a bit of a tough patch to get through. Great work as well Mick putting up a blog about just footy, some how just pure footy talk seems to get lost with all the innuendo flying around about investigations, TPA's etc.

After all, it's all about the footy isn't it :-)))

• Eels have the toughest first 10 rounds in the comp, some people have already hit the panic button on our season. 3-2 to a fantastic result. If we can got 6-4 I'd be happy considering the draw. We could we be 1-4 right now. 8 of our first 10 games have been against top 8 teams and some top 4 teams.
  • Why couldnt we play the roosters, dragons or knights atleast once before round 11
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"It would put him as the greatest coach ever if he got a premiership. It would give him one last big challenge, but yeah we will see. Parra probably aren't even interested. 
French just signed 3 or 4 year I think overseas, he won't be back. He is…"
20 seconds ago
Frank The Tank replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"I reckon this current side might just beat Manly next week such is the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this squad.
BA will be the headliner this week so expect a lift from the players to delay his ass pounding."
6 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to LB's discussion Will Manly be smarting next week?
"Luckily for us our defense is the 2nd worst in the comp, equal with the Titans and only better than the Rabbits.
Oh how the mighty have fallen."
8 minutes ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"I dated a cousin of blaizes, seen him play a lot of footy before nsw cup. The kid can play, if he doesn't get fucked around by ba he will be a good future player. 
You are spot on, keep rewarding mediocre and they will get lazier and lazier. Half…"
14 minutes ago
More…