captain coach

I dont know enough about the salary cap or the workings of it and was wondering if anyone knows enough on here to tell me if this is possible or not.As an example ill use Hayne name.Is there anything in the rules stopping Parra naming Hayne as a captian coach and making BA as head coach of Parra .Hayne as a captian coach salary than be split from playing cap and coaching cap.Say 400k as a player and 250k as a coach.Im not saying for Hayne to be Parras coach it could be for example signing C.Smith for 2 seasons as a captain coach and splitting his contrat between coaching and playing

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's an interesting idea, I don't have a definitive answer, the NRL under Greenberg is less transparent when it comes to the details of the cap than it was under Dave Smith, but I seriously doubt they'd go for it. 

It would be pretty obvious that we were trying to circumvent the cap. 

In fact, I'm sure there would be a provision in the CBA preventing this sort of thing.

• If there was a possibility of doing this, every club would be doing it
  • great ideas cam smith as captain/coach

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

ParraPride replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"No."
3 minutes ago
Axel replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"By Jasper Bruce
Updated April 17 2024 - 6:40pm, first published 6:36pm"
4 minutes ago
Axel posted a discussion
By Jasper BruceUpdated April 17 2024 - 6:40pm, first published 6:36pm Dumped winger Maika Sivo is battling for an NRL recall for Parramatta from NSW Cup. (Mark Evans/AAP PHOTOS)Maika Sivo is "too good" to remain in reserve grade for long but may…
4 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to Sneaky Pete's discussion Tex Hoy
"From what I've seen blaze isn't quick,  has a good passing game and ball skills and likes the collision,  but I haven't seen anything in highlights to suggest he's quick.  Simmonson by comparison is much quicker.  He's not a priority signing. .…"
6 minutes ago
More…