1Eyed Eel

Parramatta Eels Supporters Website

The Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club Pty Limited would like to announce we have re-signed hooker Cameron King, for a one year contract until the end of the 2018 season.

King came back into the NRL squad mid-season after Kaysa Pritchard suffered a knee injury in Round 15 against the Dragons, opening up a spot for him in the No.9 jersey.

The 26-year-old joined the Eels in 2016, coming from the North Queensland Cowboys and previously played for the St George Illawarra Dragons.

CEO Bernie Gurr said, “Cameron has had a tough run with injuries throughout his career but is a great talent and played an important role in our team's first Finals series since 2009."

“We are very pleased to have secured Cameron’s signature for 2018 and look forward to his continued improvement next season.”

Views: 1757

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reece played well for us the first time around. Plus he adds another goal kicking option.
A lot cheaper as well
King HAS to be our starting hooker come Rd 1 next year

He had a good back end to 2017. If he can improve on that he could be in line for a longer contract in the future

Really glad we could retain King. If he can stay fit he certainly looked more threatening than Kaysa.

He might've looked more threatening but Pritchard actually was more threatening.

King: 11 games, 0 line breaks, 1 LBA, 1 try assist

Pritchard: 16 games, 2 line breaks, 3 LBAs, 2 TAs

Pritchard was also a better defender, both in work rate and tackle effectiveness. Of course King is better in some areas but being 'threatening' isn't one of them.

Well there you go, I would not have guessed those stats. My internal bias must've been working overtime (had higher expectations of Kaysa than I did of King).

Have you got the info on where King was better Pou? I assume kick metres for one.

Kicking, obviously, but also made fewer errors. He also ran the ball more, though for fewer metres and tackle breaks per run.

Possibly only 1 year to work in with salary cap for 2018.

RSS

© 2017   Created by 1Eyed Eel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service