But is Gurr states what’s always been kept quiet

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/eels/eels-ceo-has-renewed-calls-for-nrl-to-cap-on-thirdparty-payments/news-story/29a45cdf9732c1492c2254b89a333dd3This has always been the biggest joke in rugby league how can you possibly police the cap when there’s no cap on third parties? Hope you scream loud Bernie and make some noise about this

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry I did mean to say Bernie
  • It is a joke and I am happy to call it, the Roosters, Broncos, Storm as a minimum are playing under different cap rules.  All happily sponsored by the NRL and the old, look the other way.  No team in the NRL is on the same playing field. Wake up NRL, people know it and you lose credibility every day.

• I agree, EE it’s becoming an absolute joke. I mentioned to a bloke at work today about the Eels in the semis and all he could say was they ‘chocked’ but I disagreed and said no they were ripped off by an unfair system. He’s a Broncos fan by the way. They were (Eels) clearly the better team when they played the Storm but were ripped off because the NRL wanted the Storm to win that game and the Premiership.
  • If Grenturd had any idea, just publish the total registered TPAs for each club , not individuals as that would be a breach of privacy

Fans would understand that perhaps their club needs to work harder ( even though that's against the spirit of the issue), and also see through the uneven playing field it creates

Same as the player manager investigation, the NRL under Greenturd doesn't want to upset the clubs that provide the most support to the hierarchy
    • Deadset with TG it is more than just appeasing Politis and the rest, it is about protecting himself.

As I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago there was an article in the Herald regarding the player manager investigation. What it said was that it was unlikely to go ahead in order to protect someone in the NRL administration.

They lined this up with a story about John Grant going out and doing a secret investigation into the Perrett contract at the Dogs without telling the Integrity unit. Problem was Grant met with the wrong Player manager who had a similar name to Perret's manager. His cover was blown and the investigation stopped.

• Which is why the Eels out of desperation resorted to dodgy TPD's. To try any way possible to join "the premiership club" I.e teams with a bottomless bucket of corporate sponsor opportunities.
    Without being dodgy and somehow getting away with it, there is no chance of being truly competitive.
    It's no fluke that Melbourne Brisbane NQ and Sydney are always in the finals.
  • TPA were meant to allow players access to genuine sponsorship from outside sources but has become a joke with payments from rich supporters.
    If you look at value of some TPAs and what value was given in return for it. Did the players do any advertising, meet and greets etc for company supplying the payment and was it worth the amount of $$. Straight away you would see the system is a joke as what value do small local businesses giving players between 20-50 grand to journeymen nrl players considering they can not use players image or appearance in nrl gear or team colours.
    What is difference between parra inviting TPA suppliers to a corporate box function and the thoroughbreds for broncos having access to bronco functions and the sheds after games.
    If Nrl forced every person entering the sheds before and after games to show ID and then did a simple search, I am sure they would find half the no names in there are connected via TPAs the clubs aren't supposed to offer incentives for.
    As for not using TPAs to entice players why can players sign on massive unders at certain clubs then walk away with plenty more $$ once TPAs added to salary.
    Plenty of media, players and those involved in game admit they know rules broken by everyone yet nothing done. Why doesn't afl have this problem or even the A-league. Cause they police cap and rules
  • Where's Super ? I've been banging on for years about how players salaries should be published and he's been the biggest opponent to this . Now I've got Bernie on my team I wanna know if he's changed his tune ?

Ps - whilst I agree with your point , Bern just worry about getting us a team sponsor before you worry about what bloody TPAs players are getting .
    • Publishing player salaries/earnings has pros and cons. It would also potentially have tax and financial implications for the players. I say just publish the total earnings of all players within a club as an aggregate - this includes club salaries, TPAs, endorsements and any other earnings.

The issue is with the clubs, not the individual players. And it's too easy to mount a defence against releasing individual player salaries. Much harder to defend against overall club visibility.
    • I'm still a bit on the fence regarding publishing a player's salary. I don't think that just because you're an athlete you should have your salary published outright. 

In the same way I don't think the NRL should have any access to player's phones. They aren't the police, they don't get to hold a player's phone for an investigation, especially given how many leaks come out of there.

Not so much in regards to publishing their TPAs. Given TPAs aren't supposed to be organised by the clubs and are a way for team's to recruit players outside of the salary cap then those payments should be visible, at the very least as a total team expenditure so fans can see who has an advantage. I agree with The Captain and think each team's total expenditure in regards to their playing squad should be visible and broken into TPAs, salaries and other earnings.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Parrapowa replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Solid & safe doesn't win you a comp "
12 minutes ago
Nightmare Off-Season replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"Depends how expensive you mean, Al?
Lomax isn't worth 800k & the Eels won't pay that, he knows it's a pay cut to play elsewhere at centre.
All of the past 10 premiership teams had more $ in invested in their centres than the Eels, and some do have…"
19 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"If NOS leaves Melb and they grab Lomax, what about Meaney to Eels. 
I would prefer a player like Wishart but don't see him leaving Melbourne as they love him there.  Genuine utility playing half, hooker centre, wing, and 14 at NRL level.   Didn't…"
39 minutes ago
Bup replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"He's not happy there at the moment, Melbourne don't keep blokes that aren't buying in."
47 minutes ago
More…