The Canterbury Bulldogs have reportedly told Josh Reynolds that he is not a required player for the 2018 season.Reynolds, 28, signed a four year contract extension with the Bulldogs midway through the 2013 season, keeping him at the club to the end of the 2017 season.It is understood that the Bulldogs want to reignite the halves position in 2018 and don’t see Josh Reynolds as the answer anymore and have informed he is free to negotiate with other clubsIt is understood Reynolds has priced himself at $800,000 per season for the 2018 season, a figure the Bulldogs believe is too high and have decided to move on from him.The Canterbury Bulldogs local junior made his NRL debut with the Bulldogs in 2011 and has gone to make 121 appearances for the club and has played represented NSW in State of Origin on four occasions.Reynolds hoped to stay at the Club for 2018 but this looks like it will no longer happen.“I’d hate to leave the Dogs,” he says.“It’s where I grew up, I love it there. It’s what I’m about, I feel I fit the culture really well.“I love everyone there.“I’d hate to leave, but it’s for them to decide.”It is understood the St George Illawarra and Parramatta Eels have shown strong interest in Reynolds already for the 2018 season.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Reynolds just doesn't seem to be the player he once was..He walks around like a 80 year old man.

Really hope we don't get him. 

• we dont need him - Gutherson is going to develop into a very good 5/8. Why not persist with him?

• I can't see Parra paying $800k for him though. I reckon he'll probably go to St George, although they would be throwing all their salary cap into the halves with Hunt on their list next year.

If we did sign him, is he a better proposition than Gutho (especially given the difference in age), and where would that leave Gutho?

• $800000 for Reynolds? Wow
    • yeah i know we arent even paying norman that yet 

• Why buy an expensive half at the end of his career when we have Corey and Guth signed longterm and have adaquate backups with Foggerty

• Lol.

The Eels interested in Reynolds. Please. Ain't gonna happen. 

• NO THANK YOU!!!!
  • The Eels fans would March down Church Street in protest.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"I also like the fact he's not comfortable getting great money and losing every week. He seems to have drive to be a winner and progress his career. He could take 800k and bludge on the wing if he wished. "
6 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"If you pay 600k for Lomax and get the same improvement as we did from Carty than you have a million dollar player on 600.  Pretty easy to get your point if you're willing , EE. 
Id rather that approach than paying 400k too much for players in…"
10 minutes ago
LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Then again, tired middle opens up the ruck for Api to do his thing.
We will give him space but will halves help him. Our spine is much better with Gutho and Brown in there."
40 minutes ago
JB. Prints of Parra replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Big News On Lomax
"What I could see happening is Lomax to the Chooks and Suaalii to the Eels "
1 hour ago
More…