The Canterbury Bulldogs have reportedly told Josh Reynolds that he is not a required player for the 2018 season.Reynolds, 28, signed a four year contract extension with the Bulldogs midway through the 2013 season, keeping him at the club to the end of the 2017 season.It is understood that the Bulldogs want to reignite the halves position in 2018 and don’t see Josh Reynolds as the answer anymore and have informed he is free to negotiate with other clubsIt is understood Reynolds has priced himself at $800,000 per season for the 2018 season, a figure the Bulldogs believe is too high and have decided to move on from him.The Canterbury Bulldogs local junior made his NRL debut with the Bulldogs in 2011 and has gone to make 121 appearances for the club and has played represented NSW in State of Origin on four occasions.Reynolds hoped to stay at the Club for 2018 but this looks like it will no longer happen.“I’d hate to leave the Dogs,” he says.“It’s where I grew up, I love it there. It’s what I’m about, I feel I fit the culture really well.“I love everyone there.“I’d hate to leave, but it’s for them to decide.”It is understood the St George Illawarra and Parramatta Eels have shown strong interest in Reynolds already for the 2018 season.

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Reynolds just doesn't seem to be the player he once was..He walks around like a 80 year old man.

Really hope we don't get him. 

• we dont need him - Gutherson is going to develop into a very good 5/8. Why not persist with him?

• I can't see Parra paying $800k for him though. I reckon he'll probably go to St George, although they would be throwing all their salary cap into the halves with Hunt on their list next year.

If we did sign him, is he a better proposition than Gutho (especially given the difference in age), and where would that leave Gutho?

• $800000 for Reynolds? Wow
    • yeah i know we arent even paying norman that yet 

• Why buy an expensive half at the end of his career when we have Corey and Guth signed longterm and have adaquate backups with Foggerty

• Lol.

The Eels interested in Reynolds. Please. Ain't gonna happen. 

• NO THANK YOU!!!!
  • The Eels fans would March down Church Street in protest.
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Parra_Greg's discussion Our New Middle Forwards ?
"We do have Sam Tuivaiti who is a good kid. Only thing is he is stuck in Flegg still and not sure why he has not been put in NSW cup now. He is on a top 30 deal for 2025, so why not let him develop in Cup? I understand they may want Flegg to do…"
19 minutes ago
Frank The Tank replied to Axel's discussion Brad and Bennett
"All good points but regardless of results, these are in all honesty moot points.....
They've just signed Lomax and BA still has a year to run on his current contract. Few things this club does not like are change and winning..."
25 minutes ago
Rise of an empire replied to Axel's discussion Sivo impressing Arthur but Eels recall still on hold
"We should of bought Schiller "
26 minutes ago
Mr 'BringBackFitzy' Analyst posted a discussion
GUTHERSON BLAIZES A TRAIL FOR TALAGI AT NO.1 Fatima Kdouh - in Darwin Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has anointed boom rookie Blaize Talagi as the long-term successor to Clint Gutherson at fullback.Talagi, the brightest prospect at the Eels, has…
34 minutes ago
More…