Replies

• I have Foxtel Now and they’re only showing old NRL 360summer series rubbish! Are you sure your correct? 

• I think the new episodes are on at 630pm?

• I just watched the replay and BA spoke really well and looked super relaxed.  From memory I think he gave more insight to the team and some individual players then from any other TV interview I ever witnessed.  Every time I hear he speak he impresses me a little bit more.  Sign him up for another 10 years.    

• For those that can't watch it this is my opinion of how it went and key points.
    BA definetly didn't give to much away but speaks well and sounds confident going forward.
    What I noticed is he backed the side to improve and particularly the forwards which some continue to question.
    He likes the forwards that are ''a bit crazy'' as Ikin labeled them however BA wants them to continue to intimidate opposition and push the boundaries. That said he did add that they need be more aware of game situation when doing so. Hopefully we see improvement in this area.

He didnt offer any excuses for the team not performing such as the draw, semi leaving, new combinations or injuries with gutho out early saying if parra fail it is his fault. He praised our depth saying some very class players are going miss out this week. They showed clip of Beau Scott during this but unsure if that just Fox sports or if BA spoke about it off camera before show then they played clip to suit. It was refreshing as coaches like Ricky Stuart seem offer up excuses all time even before and after kick off and read other coaches talking about succeeding if not troubled by injury throughout season and overcoming tough draws.
    BA has taken on the responsibility of team performance as his own which should take some pressure of the players internally, even if media are likely give parra a hiding soon as we lose first game.

He was asked if hayne would play centre all year and just confirmed he happy with Haynes progress and expects quite a few players to look for ball and not wait for ball to find them. He liked how Norman and Moses combined together in plays and expects see more of that this year.
  • It was my take too FM. Didn't give too much away but answer in a direct controlled manner. No stock standard regurgitated answers that shits you to tears. Overall a nice job, bring on the season
  • The interview

https://www.facebook.com/100011048778035/videos/567335320311422/

See posts, photos and more on Facebook.
    • Thanks for link but you could have posted this before I wasted time writing summary. I know it used to sux if I didnt have access to see videos or photos people were discussing as lot people see it differently
    • All good and thanks, at least people can now see what BA said instead of my interpretation of what he said
  • Sorry, mate. I posted it as soon as someone posted it in a Eels group!

• It was a very good interview, BA seems relaxed and very confident that we will give the whole thing a good shake.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"To be honest I can see us getting it very easily. Titans would of smashed us, tigers have beat us. I think we are on a sinking ship. "
46 seconds ago
Frank The Tank replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"He's definitely got a get out clause in case the club moves to remove BA before he comes..."
1 minute ago
Cranky Brad is here!!! replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Cartwright started off pretty good, did some good things. Probably tried to hard at times, missed a few tackles though. Do they train with different players in positions? So when injuries happen they just slot straight in. Penrith have players…"
3 minutes ago
LB replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I'm not sure on Matto. Only thing in his favour was Bennett wanted him at Dolphins. But Bennett will sign 2 wingers."
4 minutes ago
More…