Average attendances at games 2018

May be of interest or not

https://www.zerotackle.com/each-clubs-average-attendance-so-far-in-2018-33521/

TAMWORTH, AUSTRALIA - APRIL 21: The crowd looks on during the round seven NRL match between the Wests Tigers and the Newcastle Knights at Scully Park on April 21, 2018 in Tamworth, Australia. (Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images)

After 12 rounds of footy in 2018, the NRL’s crowd averages are up by almost 1,000 compared to last year.

The team with the highest crowd averages by almost 2,500 fans is Brisbane followed by Melbourne.

The Broncos and the Storm are the only two teams to crack 20,000 with every other team’s attendance sitting between 10 and 20 thousand.

The Raiders have the lowest average attendance with 11,647 which is almost 2,000 less than the next lowest, Gold Coast.

Despite the Eels, Cowboys and Bulldogs occupying the bottom three spots on the NRL ladder, all three clubs have respectable attendances so far this season, although that’s the opposite for the second-placed Panthers.

SEE ALSO:  Leaked NSW squad full of debutants

Despite a home stadium capacity of over 22,000, Penrith average just 14,000 fans during their games this season.

TeamAverage Attendance of all games in 2018
Brisbane24,380
Melbourne21,956
South Sydney19,718
New Zealand18,410
Canterbury18,069
Wests Tigers17,563
St George Illawarra17,562
North Queensland17,280
Sydney Roosters16,924
Parramatta16,444
Newcastle15,790
Cronulla15,074
Manly14,285
Penrith14,173
Gold Coast13,977
Canberra11,647

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That cant be right i dont belive that we in front of Newcastle Canberra Penrith Sharks they get big crowds at there home games we dont

• That’s not right. Our crowds are bad. Really bad
  • One or two big games such as eels v tigers (x2) drags it up
  • Semis departure killed our season before the first whistle was blown
    • Agreed, what a boring football team to watch I was more interested in watching Parra play in the early 90s when were very average
  • The other significant figure is that the NRL is way ahead of the AFL for TV ratings both free to air and Pay.This is important given that it is where all the big money comes from.

• This reply was deleted.
    • Mick, careful!  using the word positive here can be deadly.

For those knocking the numbers, they do not include attendance at our home games but include the away matches as well, if we were winning the numbers would be much higher, and its the same with all the clubs and their stats.

I just saw the list and thought given the way things are with the eels ATM, a bit of other things might help the doldrums.  If we think things are bad now, and at the half way point of the season, how many would be here when we consistently got the spoon in the 70's and other periods?  Went to many games in those low years where we had a bit over 2000 attending, but as an eels supporter I went to watch and support them no matter where they sat on the ladder;

• As you do, i still get my 3 trains there & back with my son regardless
    • Then you will be going Saturday. I might go early and catch Wenty. The killer is getting home unless you leave early need to wait nearly an hour to get a slow train. I get to Tuggerah after midnight
  • For now !!!!
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Mitchy replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"Scott Mahon was good mate...just had the wrong experience around that group for me. "
1 minute ago
Frankie Fong replied to big 2nd rower's discussion Parramatta Eels sign Zac Lomax for 2025
"Chooks may be bringing one of their ex players back to replace Manu ."
3 minutes ago
EA replied to Cʜɪᴇғ -'s discussion Bushie's [BA] to 5 signings?
"Simmo no where near our best signings. Fergo had a good first year but his second year was so hot and cold next to Waqa Blake. "
3 minutes ago
Mitchy replied to ParramattaLurker's discussion Round 7 Team List v Dolphins
"Agreed - we are no way certainties here. Old Fox 🦊 Bennett will have them ready / and the heat humidity will be a factor. "
6 minutes ago
More…