5 players to debut in 2016

Liam Knight - At 20 years of age he was the Nsw under 20 forward and Australian forward. Liam will get his chance with the departures of Mason, Hasson, Possibly Starling and Lawrence if so he will definitely be on the bench come round 1.Te Maire Martin - At 20 he has made the NYC team of the year. 2 times in a row. A junior kiwi he will finally get his chance at his new club of Panthers. Behind injury prone Soward and average performing Wallace. Martin will finally make his mark in 2016.Gideon Mosby-Gela - Only 18 Gideon broke the NYC record scoring 31 tries in one season. Gideon will most likely get the right wing spot Cowboys have been struggling to find for the future in 2016.Tevita Pangai Jr - The 19 year old has been compared to as the new Papalli and Taumalolo. A wrecking ball in attack and defence. With Canberra struggling to find forwards Tevita will get his chance sometime during the 2016 season.Scott Schulte - This can be debated about the 20 year old centre was pretty much responsible to Mosby-Gela breaking the NYC record. He will play centre. Though I believe Gutherson prefers Wing to centre which we should play. Scott will have to shine in pre season to beat Folau and Morgan. But I believe he will.Do you agree that these players will debut next year? Who else will debut next year?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Never heard of any of them except Sgt Shultz.

All UNDER 20s - dead set certs for a FG start.

ORF SEEZUN Malady strikes again.

• Te Maire Martin & Gideon Mosby-Gela won't make their debuts this year. 

Brooks & Moses are set as the Tigers halves and the Cowboys back-line stocks are strong with experience. 

Liam Knight may well make his debut, though, especially in light of Mason's departure, Lawrence's potential departure & not too many other solid fringe forwards at Manly.

Tevita Pangai may also make his debut but not to start. Raiders still have some decent forward depth despite the reports - the likes of Luke Bateman, Jeff Lima coming in & a couple of others.
    But if he impresses, he'll get a crack eventually.

And if it were up to me, Schulte would play. 
    And whilst he can play centre and back-row, he played on the wing all season for the Cowboys because of his height & aerial ability, so I'd keep him there. 

• Te Maire Martin is now at the Panthers.

• Ricky, your a ninkenpoop. Proven wrong re Martin yet wont concede. Soward and Wallace wont last the season. Hence Martin will and should start at some point this year.
    • The article is about debut in 2016. Not the first game of the season. He will play at some point this year and you are a ninkenpoop.
  • Indeed he is, my bad. 
    But still, don't think TMM will play this year. 

Wallace/Soward seem to be the favoured halves pairing still. 

• Ive said it before, i'll say it again

Morgan rubbish

• About to say same thing Ron. However, if Schulte prefers centre and Gutherson wing why not play them there. Also, by the sound of it, if Schulte can create space for his winger he needs to be centre. This is why Taka is so good by giving Semi room to move so he can do his thing.

PS. Floppa was so slow he always run towards sideline cramping up the winger who had no room to move. No wonder our right side was so poor this year!

• One of the big reasons behind Schulte's success at the Cowboys was his ability to win the ball in the air in both attack and defence. 
    Cooper Bambling & Ty Carucci would deliver pinpoint kicks for him - even wayward kicks at times - and Schulte's aerial ability would see him catch them and score, or catch them and pass to a team-mate in mid-air. 
    It's an asset of his and that aerial ability that we need on the wing would be missing if we were to play him at centre. 

He's a much better player in the air than Gutherson. 
    Gutherson is the guy that will create space for the outside man, and Schulte is the guy that will excel in the air, much like Semi. 

The best back-line we can go with, IMO, is 1. Gordon 2. Semi 3. Gutherson 4. Taka 5. Schulte. 
    Height on both wings, aerial ability on both wings, and creativeness and craft in the centres. 
    And we'd have a very balanced attack across the board and on both flanks. 

• Why would you split Taka & Semi?  They worked quite well together this year so leave them that way.

Would only be looking to having one newbie in the backline also. So, to the joy of some I would start the year with Morgan in either the 4 or 5.

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"They can do that but as I've told you for years that has to come from above Arthur's pay grade if they don't pull the trigger whose the real problem here."
22 minutes ago
Coryn Hughes replied to Grunta the great's discussion Game Day Blog - Eels vs Dolphins
"The heats only got to come from one place Hugo and that's the people above Arthur's pay grade.All they have to do is make the decision.It's not that complicated really.I don't understand why everyone who wants the coach gone are moaning.I been…"
49 minutes ago
"Actually the deeper the hole gets the more me as a fan sticks.I don't run away when it gets tough.It's served me well during my life time,"
55 minutes ago
Snottie Pimpin replied to Snottie Pimpin's discussion BA please resign
"😂😂😂"
1 hour ago
More…