2015 NYC Squad

The club has finally posted the player profiles for the Holden Cup squad and it is a large group. 37 players are currently in it, equal parts returning talent, SG Ball players and new faces.

I'm sure there are a few other members of 1EE that will chip with some information about our squad, I'll piece together something soon as well.

Clicky

Full Listing:

Aloiai, Josh (2014)
Anderson, Jack (2014)
Aukafolau, Erickson (2014)
Bush, Alec (2014)
Clarke, Jared
Davis, Nathan (2014)
De Luis, Kurt
Doolan, Michael
Field, Craig
Field, Tom
French, Bevan
Fuimaono, Tyrell (2014)
Gafa, Atini
Hunt, Shane
Izzard, Dylan (2014)
Katrib, Anthony
Kaufusi, Paula (2014)
Lussick, Joey (2014)
Markus, Jeff (2014)
Mati-Leifi, Jermaine
Miski, Abbas
Morris, Jack (2014)
Mose, Jonathan
Muna, Jordan (2014)
Oloapu, Tui (2014)
Pene, Aaron
Raeli, Brandon (2014)
Seve, Faimanifo
Smith, Reimis
Speechley, Brad
Stowers, Jamie
Suli, Suliasi
Tepu-Smith, Tepai (2014)
Tonise Denzal
Twal, Alex (2014)
Vidal, Jason
Walpole, Sean

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think Alex Twal, Nathan Davis and Josh Aloiai will be shining lights from this group. ZDC, Wenty or NYC ? He's NYC eligible but where he plays will give us an insight into where he sits in future planning.
    • Dockar-Clay must be suiting up for Wenty given his absence from the listing. Wouldn't be surprised if Davis gets some game time for the Magpies while Aloiai is a near certainty for an early NYC graduation.

• Full listing is now in the OP.

• Kurt De Luis - A Perth local. Played for WA in the ASSRL U15's championships. Also represented the Australian Combined RL side. Switched to RL at 12 after previously playing AFL. Went to St Norbert College. He was in the Cowboys 2014 NYC squad. Also played for WA in the U18's ranks. Played in the QSSRL U18's & under State championships for Northern last year.

resized_d402864aCC_300_300_FitSquare.JPG

• Michael Doolan - A Cabramatta junior. Westfield Sports High student and has played for NSW U16's. Plays at five-eighth. Was voted Young Indigenous Player of the Year for 2013. Was named in the 2013 Emerging Blues Squad by Laurie Daley. Doolan is on the right in this photo. 

875739-20130131_michael_doolan_troy_dargan.jpg

• Jared Clarke - Played in the 2013 Country RL U18's Championship. Also played in the Lismore U15's RL Representative Team. Went to St Paul's in Kempsey. Not much else about him I can find. 

• Atini Gafa - Has come through the ranks of our SG Ball side. Played for Marconi in the 2013 Under 17's Division 1 tournament. Is a Marconi Mustangs junior. A Bonnyrigg High student. Had a Sharks junior reps stint as well by the looks of it.

• Shane Hunt - Has played for the Guildford Owls in the Sydney Shield and the Ron Massey Cup. Hunt is on the left in the below picture, even if it is from when he was 14. Originally from the Whitsundays. Originally signed and played for the Manly Sea Eagles. Plays at five-eighth. 

spwtrhysemartin16forweb_t620.jpg

http://www.whitsundaytimes.com.au/news/nrl-teams-sign-our-rising-st...

• Anthony Katrib - Trialled for the Tigers SG Ball side at one point. Went to Our Lady of Lebanon College along with one of our own, Anthony Layoun. Played in their senior rugby league side. Not much else info on him I can find. 

• Jermaine Mati-Liefi - Handy goal-kicker and has come through our SG Ball ranks. Plays on the wing mostly. Westfields Sports High student alongside Michael Doolan in the same team. Played for the President's XIII U18's squad during his time at WSSH. Played in the 2013 NSWCHS Open RL Team. Again, not much more on him. 

This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

LB replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Exactly, he has worked that well the last 3 weeks. If Carty is out i can see BA naming either Greig or Ogden on the bench to continue the rotation."
2 minutes ago
mongolian trotting duck replied to Poppa's discussion Players and Values and Judgements to make
"if they sign lomax why would talagi stay"
2 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"Yeah I just can't seem to get into the words of a dude that was considered smart in very different times. It's like taking advice penned by Henry Ford and applying it to fixing a Tesla. Or Relationship instructions penned by Elvis. "
20 minutes ago
BEM replied to Prof. Daz's discussion R4 V TIGERS: FREUD SAYS ‘WORK THROUGH’ IT, DEAR EELS
"When BA gets it right with the bench and our prop rotation, our middle doesn't get that tired."
28 minutes ago
More…