2015 debutants

2015 will be big year for young kids, who will be banging the door down to play FG, waiting for injuries, rep selections or bad performances to get their foot in the door. But there are so many, which ones will be picked, you have:

Matterson, Dockar-Clay, Folau, Aloai, Alvaro, Goodall, Davis, Twal and Lavaka all looking for a spot

Matterson is a guarantee and so is ZDC, who will get a go somewhere, Folau and Goodall will fight it out for a back-up wing/center spot.

Alvaro is my smoky. I could see him making it, he's 22, huge, can tackle and is a big runner. he is a tough as nails, trueblue aussie Prop that most clubs need once in a while and if he wasn't injured a lot I think he could've debuted by now

And I think Aloai will get at least one game, especially after playing a fair bit of Wenty he should be looked at. And got selected in junior Kiwis

kids like Twal, Lavaka, and Davis are long shots, all will play U20's and may play a bit of Wenty, they are raw and need time, unlike Aloai and Alvaro who are ready to go

Matterson and ZDC do need a bit of Wenty before full-time FG, especially Matterson who would thrive off 1-2 FG games but could struggle as a full-timer, should start season in Wenty and lead them around the park before FG spot

Whats everyone elses opinions?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In order these are mine to make there debut

Most defintaly
    1: R Matterson
    2: F Goodall
    3: J Folou
    Most likely
    4: Z Docker Clay
    5: H Lavaka
    6: D Alavaro

I'd have Matterson at 5/8th for round one. And Norman at fullback.
  • Well that won't happen.

Alvaro is a good shot, especially if we get injuries.

ZDC unlikely IMO, unless Peats cops an injury or plays origin, he may come off interchange with De Gois starting.

Goodall maybe, though he & Folau would be 3rd or 4th replacement
  • I would guess all would require injuries/suspensions/rep-duties in the FG to open up a position for them in 2015.

So it will come down to luck as well as how they go in reserve grade

• Can't see any getting a go unless injuries, though there is still 1 wing spot up for grabs so if they can play wing 1 might get a go.

• ZDC will be allowed to mature. No rush.
    Matterson will work through Wenty. Again no rush.
    Alvaro had a disappointing end to the season, much like Pauli.
    When I look at lower grades, the outstanding players normally look like men playing against kids. For mine, that was the case with Goodall. He made the game look easy. He's got NRL written all over him. The opportunities will be present in the backs, so he's my standout pick.
  • Matterson has already done his time in Wenty last season. He'll be FG 5/8 next season.

ZDC could be a smokey for the number 14 or get a run if Sandow slips up....either on or off the field again.

Goodall could be a chance as he was impressive last season & no other stand-outs for the vacant wing spot

Same goes for Folau who could snare a centre spot as I don't rate Morgan, Champion or Tanga-whatever as guaranteed starters.

• Either Goodall or folau are the biggest chances of playing somewhat regular first grade next year. If John hadn't broken his arm in his nsw cup debut he probably would have been there as long as fabian.

All of our nyc graduates are still at least a year away from becoming regular first grade players. But I think the closest ones to first grade are: Goodall, folau, and matterson.

Hopefully zdc, aloiai, tts, and Davis get a run in the nsw cup next year though.
  • Davis to play first grade this year at fullback.
  • Well depending how many groin strains, hip flexes, testy mangulations etc all or none of the players mentioned will get a run. That's my tip.
  • 2015 1st grade side

1: C Norman
    2: S Radradra
    3: W Hoppa
    4: B Takairangi
    5: R Robinson
    6: R Matterson
    7: C Sandow
    8: T Mannah (c)
    9: N Peats
    10: G Gower
    11: A Watmough
    12: M Ma'u
    13: K Edwards

14: Jr Paulo
    15: D Lussick
    16: P Pauli
    17: T Moeroa
    18: D Wicks

NSW CUP

1: N Davis
    2: F Goodall
    3: V Toutai
    4: R Morgan
    5: B Crooks
    6: L Kelly
    7: Z Docker Clay
    8: D Alvaro
    9: I Degois
    10: D Wicks
    11: P Terepo
    12: R Fasaso
    13: J Paulo
    14: S McPherson
    15: C Nelson
    16: B Champion
    17: H Lavaka
    18: K Pritchard

NSW CUP would win the comp with that side
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

Colin Good replied to Eel for life's discussion Team List Against Manly
"If Carty had a broken rib three weeks is not enough time off , takes six's weeks to repare and taking needles to play is not on ."
1 minute ago
Mitchy replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Gutho is a decent player albeit not fast nor the most skilful but he gives it his all each week. Don't mind him taking to refs but it does not always do much. I just wish our other forward can't played with his intensity each week. "
2 minutes ago
Collaroy Eel replied to Frankie Fong's discussion A MESSAGE FROM THE FONG
"That did make my day "
3 minutes ago
Hellmut replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Gutho knee issues
"Gutho moves to 14. He can play 1,6, & 9. Look at the Storm, Panthers, they have a bench player that can cover those positions.
Gutho has all the skill, all the heart, just not the knees, speed or power. In a reduce capacity Gutho would be massive at…"
3 minutes ago
More…