200K in Cap OBVIOUSLY wrong?

Reports that the Eels have only 200K left in their cap must be wrong? We have announced our 24 of 30 players, and the minimum player salary for players 1-26 for 2019 is $105,000, and the minimum player salary for players 27-30 in 2019 is $72,500. 

So unless the real story is that we are projected to be over the cap unless we offload a big name and reject resigning Hayne, adding even just minimum salaries suggests the reported 200K figure is incorrect?

You need to be a member of 1Eyed Eel to add comments!

Join 1Eyed Eel

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game/the-salary-cap/

Oops, forgot to add link to NRL info about cap and salaries: 

The Salary Cap - NRL
    Here are the official guidelines for the NRL salary cap, including frequently asked questions like what players can earn outside the salary cap, how…
  • Mate, a few player must be on heavily back ended deals.

I'm guessing value for money Jennings would be on more than ever this season.

I'm pretty sure Moses value was increasing by the year as his contract went on, Moses played like a Grade A douche last season and shouldn't even be on $200k.

• I really don’t understand why all the Jennings hate ?  Up until this season he’s been one of our best players . Everyone had a shit season . If we find our mojo in 2019 Jennings will be a player we will be needing .  

He misses minimal games and when hes on hes great . Up until this year he was on more times than not . 

• Agree Wiz, unfortunately hate seems to be first choice emotion for many on this site?

• Agreed, he didn’t have a great season but he was terrific for us the prev two seasons 

• Other than some spilled balls over the line I thought his attack was OK this year but it was his defensive efforts that let him down in 2018.

Normally he is pretty solid in defence
      • Agree . Honestly some of his defence this year left me wondering if he was dabbling at the TAB . 

• Especially against his brother Robert, who he conveniently let in for 4 easy tries

• MJ was awesome until BA!
    • He was rushed in attack constantly he's kicking was diabolical & defense is always atrocious
This reply was deleted.

More stuff to read

HKF replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Spot on, I said I would have sacked him after getting the wooden spoon in 2018 and even though we made the gf in 2022 I still believe he should have been sacked after getting the spoon in his 5th year as head coach.  It wasn't as if he had a bad…"
3 minutes ago
fake midget pseudoachondroplasia replied to Old School Eel's discussion Quote of the year from Barrett - There won’t be many points out there in the 2nd half.
"Would prefer have someone like Stone back who competes on every play over many in our overpaid pack who have soft defensive efforts and refuse to chase the play once the play goes past them.
Defence is effort and discipline which is lacking in our…"
3 minutes ago
Cʜɪᴇғ - replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"Brad is a likeable but not a very technical coach who his players usually give extra efforts for. If Brad owned a bricklaying company his workers would put in the extras &  lay more bricks than most other companies,  but at the end of the day when…"
4 minutes ago
Steel be with you replied to EelsAgeMe's discussion Most embarrassing game in our history?
"It's our most embarrassing loss since Magic Round 2019 where we lost 64-10 against the scum. There have been other embarrassing losses, one that some might not remember is back in 2017, we played a Gold Coast team where they had 12 of their top 30…"
4 minutes ago
More…