Blogs

Brad Arthur press conference

Another embarassing defeat.I thought Brad Arthur's comments in the after match press conference revealed a lot about what is going on at the Eels.Firstly he was clearly frustrated and there were indications that he was "Out of answers"The following…

Read more…
32 Replies · Reply by Tad 3 minutes ago
Views: 364

BA

Is there a way of doing an online petion to get a new coach? If any of us didn't perform in there job  the way he has we would have been asked to leave a long time ago. How does this club just severe this crap up to us year after year? There are…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by LB 2 hours ago
Views: 126

Taking the 2

I'm sorry but watching this team over the last 5-6 years with skilled players. Big forwards and strong halves. Once we try and defend our 20 we have been the worst in the league.its been that way for years. Moses long kicking has protected us for so…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Collaroy Eel 3 hours ago
Views: 164

Next Week's Team

So we were diabolical this week and have fuck all chance of winning next week so changes need to happen.  The best change would be BA fired but unfortunately that won't happen.  My team next week. 1. Talagi (Gutho needs a break) 2. Simonsson…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Jack 9 hours ago
Views: 390

Add a blog

1Eyed Eel is all about participation. Don't be shy, have your say!

Social blogs are for members only. 
CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

Tad replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Wizz I once spoke to a player who was not selected to play in a Grand final which we won under Jack Gibson. He told me that Jack phoned him the night before the game and apologised to him for non selection and it was a difficult decision for him.…"
3 minutes ago
Seth hardy replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Arthur teaching attitude, that's a laugh. He's  had 11 seasons to do that. Just accept the fact he's a dud and piss him off."
5 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"We have to do it for marketing purposes. We've sold our rights to do what's right for the team.  BA showed his preferred approach against the cowboys in the prelims , fly in fly out before you body gets too effected by the climate. But who'd even…"
7 minutes ago
BringBackSemi replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Yes really bad effort by the players. But if you are bored with the same old stale systems and tactics, you aren't going to get a 100% buy in. Why bust your butt in the middle, when our edges get stripped every week? The only thing to stop that is…"
8 minutes ago
Poppa replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Look I hope we can get Bennett, BUT he is very much his own man.....whether he wants to be in Sydney, whether he wants to coach Parra ....are all subjective issues.
My best hope would be, what I thought Gibson did. i.e. the challenge of a coach to…"
9 minutes ago
Speech replied to Eli Stephens's discussion Not a home game.
"The club needs to take this seriously. The game played out exactly as I expected with the players gassed after 50 minutes. So it seems the draw is not rigged hmmm what are the odds of going to Darwin and playing QLD teams on every time except once.…"
11 minutes ago
CarloEEL2 replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Exactly 
otherwise it's as exciting as working at the Colgate factory putting lids on 🤷‍♀️"
13 minutes ago
HKF replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I wonder if spending the week up there and training in those conditions has a detrimental effect. The last 3 or so games up there the opposition has finished all over the top of us, we get to about the 50 minute mark and we are drained.  It takes…"
16 minutes ago
Bup replied to LB's discussion Brad to Bennett: Why Friday's clash might be the tipping point for Arthur and the Eels.
"The reason why times up for BA is the massive gulf between our performances good and bad.
After this long at the helm with a stable spine your best and worst performance difference should be minimal.  There's always reasons for not playing your…"
17 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"Whatever happens , we need to stop playing blackfellas in the NT for fucks sake. "
17 minutes ago
"Yes Carlo.Probably having a predictive style can be boring. Amazing how the Dolphins energy and enthusiasm went to another level once they scored a couple of good tries based on some great second phase play. If you can do some great combo type play…"
20 minutes ago
Parra Eels replied to Eelvangelist's discussion EELS 2024 PREMIERS!
"Oh so you are shitposting then. Thanks for confirming "
22 minutes ago
"Wizz would being called a lot of derogatory insults motivate your desire to respond to someone elses criticism of you or make you more pissed off and attack the guy attacking you?"
25 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Tad , he's mollycoddled around these cockheads for years and hasn't called them out and it's got us nowhere . This mindset is why we have a generation of soft weak gutted young  humans in this country today. Maybe they need to be given a…"
34 minutes ago
Uncle Wizards Sleeve indigenous elder He/Him replied to Adrian Bowles's discussion Brad Arthur press conference
"Gutherson was out there giggling and smiling with the opposition post game.  That told me enough. "
43 minutes ago
Muttman replied to EA's discussion Name and Shame the players
"I've seen enough other games to be convinced it's not a fitness thing. All these guys are measured on a bunch of fitness metrics. Having said that, I do think our game plan uses too much petrol. It's inefficient.  I was astounded to hear the half…"
43 minutes ago
More…